Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/01/20

Smelly Vagina

I had a historectomy 2 years & one ovary was also removed. I contracted septeceamiai 13 mo;nths ago as I had a cyst on my one ovary that had to be removed and the gynae tore my bowl open therefore resulting in severe septeceamia. I was in ICU for 26 days. Now with no womb or ovaries I cannot go onto any hormones as during the ICU period I had a pulmonary embolism. I am still on warfarin. I can sometimes smell myself then go an wash again. Last week I got some Gyno-daktarin and used it for 7 days. I can still smell it when I go to the toilet. Could this all be as result of the septeceamia I had in my intestines or because I am on no hormones. Please help.

It sounds like you have a vaginal infection. This should not be related to the septicaemia or hormones. If the Gynodaktarin has not helped, see your doctor again. It ma be useful for him/her to take a swab to see exactly what the problem is.