Posted by: Icky feet | 2008/08/25

Smelly feet

Good day,

I have never had a problem with stinky feet but I just bought high heels that' s closed around my feet and toes. No matter what I do I have really smelly feet at the end of the day. I know that it is probably because of sweat but I really need some tips on how to make the smell go away when I' m wearing the high heels. I still want to wear them as they are new and very beautiful.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Icky feet

If the shoe is closed around the toe area and will not let the foot breathe, it will make the foot sweat more. Worse if the material used for the upper of the shoe is a non breatheable plastic or synthetic leather. If you are wearing the shoe without socks, bacteria and fungus can be transferred to the shoe and will cause the shoe to start to smell. Try to wear the shoe with socks, if this is not possible, wash the shoe well inside with warm water and a mild handy andy solution. Wash the shoe after every time you wear it to avoid infections starting.

Posted by: smelly | 2008/11/20

but arent there remedies maybe that can help, cause mine smell even in open sandals.

Reply to smelly
Posted by: Stoutie | 2008/10/20

My husband has a problem with smelly feet. I have tried the powders and wahs his feet daily but its doesnt go away. what can I help him with? Now that its summer its even worse.

Reply to Stoutie