Question
Posted by: Poca | 2005/06/29

Smelly feet

I have a problem of smelly feet, no matter what I try I still can't get the smell off. Every pair of my shoes smell and this makes me feel so unconfortable when I'm around people. Please help me

Expert ImageArchive

Smelly feet happens for three reasons
1) poor hygeine ( this is rarely the case)
2) your feet sweat too much and the sweat goes into the shoe and it rots in the shoe components, the bacteria that rots the shoe gives off the odour,
3) We all have bacteria that lives all over our body and doesnt cause a problem, in some people this bacteria destroys the top layer of the skin (your foot will look like a moth eaten page )and the bacteria give off a smell that is terrible.
Treatment exists for both conditions, please get to a podiatrist (dont be embarrassed)

5
Posted by: cuq4wnj@microsoft.com | 2006/08/02

funny ringtones

Reply to cuq4wnj@microsoft.com
Posted by: lol | 2005/07/28

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh, SAMMY.

I think your suggestion to nuke the bacteria is the funniest, yet quite plausible, comment I've come across on this site. I am really looking forward to POCA's feedback :)

Reply to lol
Posted by: Sammy | 2005/06/30

My guess is that smelly feet is caused by bacteria.
No point in cleaning your feet and then putting them back into bacterially colonised shoes. You will need to sterilise your shoes also. Try dettol, savlon, etc. Perhaps you could soak the inide of your shoes with water an then put them in the microwave oven and cook the life out of the bacteria?
Give us feed back on your experiments.

Reply to Sammy
Posted by: Jelly | 2005/06/29

Hi Poca,

I have found a great foot and shoe spray. It is in a blue spray bottle. It is called affinity for feet. It is great, you spray the one for shoes (green cap) in your shoes maybe once a month and allow to dry (doesn't take long.), Then you spray you feet in the morning (every morning like deodorant) one good spray, it takes about 10 seconds to dry, then put on your socks and you are ready to go. No worry of smelly shoes or feet will worry you again. You also don't have to worry about leaving white foot prints around (which can be embarrasing) normally from foot powders.

Affinity for feet is the best thing since sliced bread. Try it and you won't look back. You will be able to take off your shoes anywhere and voila no smellt anything :-)

let me know how it goes

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: Thembisile | 2005/06/29

Hi there im worriet about my feet smelling sore and swelling
please help thanks

Reply to Thembisile