Question
Posted by: Bella | 2007/05/06

Smelly dog - what to do??

I recently adopted a 6 year old St Bernard girl. Problem is, she smells really bad! Breath, ears, overall body odour, and the stinkies... I have her on Ultra Dog food now, and a shampoo does not seem to help. Can anyone help me breathe again, please?!

The dog may have dermatitis that is causing the bad smell so please have your vet check her out. The bad breath can also be from inflammation of the lips.

1
Posted by: Joni | 2007/05/07

Ask your Vet to also rule out yeast infections (especially if the ears are smelly), and perhaps gingivitis too for the smelly breath. But the Vet is needed!

Reply to Joni