Question
Posted by: Tons | 2005/01/11

Smelly discharge

Hi everyone,

I am +- 9 weeks pregnant and am so happy about it.

I am just worried about the discharge that I see, first it was smelly and now its yellow.

At about six weeks I was spotting and had a smelly discharge, and was worried so I went to the doctor who prescribed Indocid and Amoxil as he thought I might be having some infection and these really helped. I did not finish the course as I was suffering from Nausea so I thought it might be from the medication. I only realised after that it was morning sickness.

Is it safe to carry on with those antibiotics or what should I do.

Please help.

Yes, carry on with the antibiotics. If it does not resolve, see your doctor again.

1
Posted by: k | 2005/01/11

You really shouldn't have stopped taking the medication. If your doctor prescribed it, its definitely safe to start again. But a half-course of antibiotics is not going to help much. Go back to your doctor and get another full course. That should clear it up.

Reply to k