Question
Posted by: Mental | 2004/02/10

Smelly discharge

I have been for pap smeres and to gynea's and all they say is that i have a mild infection and then always prescribe some medicine,ointment for me. But i still have a very bad odour in my discharge and it is very cottage cheesy, i am ebarrassed to have sex with my boyfriend, sometimes it is so bad that he can even smell me, just by sitting next to him. Please HELP!! could there be another possibility, like breast cancer,etc.

Breast cancer would not cause a discharge. The discharge indicates a vaginal infection. The easiest way to sort it out is to ask your gynaecologist to take a swab and send it to the laboratory. This way it can be determined exactly what type of infection it is and what treatment is needed.

1
Posted by: Me | 2004/02/10

I know exactly how you feel.I also get a smelly discharge every few months and it really disturbs me and my boyfriend.It makes me feel so embarrassed and i lose confidence in my relationship with my boyfriend.Its only because he is open and he tells me that he loves me no matter what.Otherwise sometimes i feel like not even having a boyfriend just to avoid the embarrassment.I would also like to know of some kind of treatment that can get rid of this once and for all.I hope the gynaedoc can help us!

Reply to Me