Question
Posted by: DC | 2003/03/14

SMELLY DISCHARGE

I have a candida infection and have used Diflucan but a funny, fishy smell is emanating from the vaginal area. Is this related and how do I get rid of it? Could it be that its a mixed infection, ie. bacterial and viral? Can I infect my partner?

It could be a mixed infection. Trichomonas often gives a fishy smell. Ask your doctor to take a swab to check. Your partner could be infected and should be treated.

1
Posted by: Guji | 2003/03/18

I very sure that you've got Trichomonas infection because I once had it. I went for a pap smear & that's how it was found & I contacted my doctor & he gave medication. He also sent me to the pharmacy with a prescription for a special injection but my dear it really helped me & please try it. The name of the doctor is Dr. Mmoledi you can call Telkom directories & they'll give you his number. Good Luck.

Reply to Guji