Question
Posted by: Judy | 2004/01/23

Smelly Boss

My boss smells really bad, i think that maybe he only takes a bath/shower once in 3 weeks. He wears the same clothes for days and when he changes clothes you can still smell that he had not taken a bath. Besides that he has a very bad breath as well. I sit in the office joined to his, and that smell is constantly in my office. Now the problem is that people will start to think its me having a hygiene problem and it is really embarrassing to me. Tthe strongest airfreshener doesnt make the slightest difference. How do i handle this situation. THere is NO WAY i can confront him with this, he'll fire or victimise me big time. Please any ideas???

Judy, I think I must have been away the day at medical school when they gave the annuel "How to Deal with Smelly Bosses" lecture ! Ignore the fire-extinguisher idea, which isn't even worth a good "lough" --- may I point out to Penny / ha Ha ha, that just as you were not welcome on the Sex forum, you're not welcome here either ; and if you really want us to pursue the issue of your identity, and that of your company who presumably has had o pay for your grubby hobby, well, maybe that can be arranged.
To return to Judy. In similar situations, I have seen people go several routes. One is the anonymous letter, if one can truly keep it anonymous. One is the heavy hint, like leaving a gas-mask on a hook outside his office, or a gift parcel of soaps and deodorants on his desk ( again if this can be done anonymously ) ; or if there is a staff relations / human relations ( whatever they call it this week ) Dept, discussing it with them.
It's worth recognizing that, while he is being rude to his employees, he probably doesn't realize it, because being so close to the smell and breathing it in all day, every day, he surely doesn't actually smell it himself.

18
Posted by: Nicki | 2004/01/26

Sometimes ppl smell due to the type of food they eat
If u constantly eat under cooked meat then u will find that ur body emits an odour.
Also sometimes the odour can be medical.
Just be careful of what u say
Some ppl have several sets of clothes that look the same especially those in professional environments, so check properly that he is still wearing yesterdays clothes.
There is a code of conduct that ppl have to follow in the work place even with respect to what u wear etc.

Reply to Nicki
Posted by: Judy | 2004/01/26

Thanks for all your replies.

Reply to Judy
Posted by: Zeena | 2004/01/24

Oh, Judy, I forgot one more thing. The sweat-saturated clothes are a problem. It's use if he takes the hint and has showers, and then put on the smelly clothes again. As you can't possibly give him a gift voucher to a dry cleaner (at least, I don't think you can!) take a rolled-up black rubbish bag with you on which you have taped a large notice (NOT in your handwriting -- type and print it) saying: "This is for your stinky suits. Or else have them dry-cleaned!" Then as you drop that parcel on his desk, have sticky tape on your finger and tape the black bag to his desk with the notice uppermost.

Oh dear ... the witch has spoken .... Wonder if you can carry out all that in secrecy?? Why not let us know? I, for one, would be dying to hear what happened!!

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Zeena | 2004/01/24

Geez ... none of you who answered can spell. I haven't seen so many spelling mistakes in a long time, Ha-ha-ha, Punch & Penny. Go play elsewhere. With alphabet blocks, please.

Judy ... it's awful, and it's awfully difficult.

Type a letter on your computer, which can't be traced (like in times past to a certain typewriter.) Tell him that something like, "We are all, unfortunately, aware that you are not attending to your personal hygiene" and "you're really stinking out this office", or something like that. Buy Lifebuoy soap (nice clean smell!), deodorant and a baby powder (for feet and body, in this heat). Wrap it up with the ANONYMOUS letter, like a parcel. Leave it on his desk when it is safe -- like if he leaves the office before you, or goes out for an appointment. Or sneak back on a Sat. or Sunday, and leave the parcel on his desk with a nice note : "To our boss!" (Valentine's Day is nearly here! It'll fool him!)

If it were me, I would not tell anyone. I hope you're a good liar, so if he thunders: "Who left this on my desk?!?" you must be able to turn a surprised and innocent face to him, and just shrug your shoulders. Don't involve fellow workers, because some might be bad liars and give away the game.

In this instance, I would have no conscience at all about lying. It THAT doesn't work ... Well, then I don't know the answer! Good luck!!!

Reply to Zeena
Posted by: Kernel | 2004/01/23

Maybe this guy is stinking rich????

Reply to Kernel
Posted by: Ha ha ha | 2004/01/23

Oh my,I'm shivering!!! I think they got fed up of reading your rubbish,thats why.I urge you to further your studies a little.I'm sure you can do it Penny Penny.....Ha ha ha

Reply to Ha ha ha
Posted by: Penny | 2004/01/23

Dont flatter yourself my darling, u r not that good let along interesting . I can shit on u, lovy u will regret visiting this forum. The thing is i always change my name: i am so bad lots of people on the Sex forum started threatining me. So u r nothing when is comes to being bad.

Reply to Penny
Posted by: Ha ha ha | 2004/01/23

Am I? Good!!!!!!!

Reply to Ha ha ha
Posted by: P | 2004/01/23

Ha ha ha. You are boring, get lost

Reply to P
Posted by: Ha ha ha | 2004/01/23

Punch thanks(it was a typing error).Well Penny Penny,I wonder what kind of crap will be written in that book.Tell me when its published so I can get myself a copy,I'm sure it will cheer me up (coz I'll have a good lough!!)

Reply to Ha ha ha
Posted by: Punch | 2004/01/23

Yeah, and it's PLURAL, not pural mister I-can-spell-it-all

Reply to Punch
Posted by: Penny | 2004/01/23

Darling r u starting to play correction men, u know what i will be writing my own book very soon, and since u have noticed i am not good with spelling, dont u want me to hire u and then you can earn from your talent. But i am not sure if u will help me with some input on my book since u dont have anything brainy to say.

I have brains but spelling problems, u have no brains at all and u r quiet good with spelling. We can make a good team wont we. So what do u say

Reply to Penny
Posted by: Ha ha ha | 2004/01/23

Oh I see,the two of you have something in common(English problem) The pural for advise is advice! not advice.Now I understand why you go along with Penny.

Reply to Ha ha ha
Posted by: Judy | 2004/01/23

Get lost Ha ha ha.... i dont need advices like yours.

Reply to Judy
Posted by: Ha ha ha | 2004/01/23

Judy,dont take anything she says,she can"t even spell or write proper english.My Idea still rocks!!Clean the smelly Bustard up!!

Reply to Ha ha ha
Posted by: JALB | 2004/01/23

IF YOU WORK IN A BIG OFFICE ENVIROMENT. TYPE A LETTER AND LEAVE SOME SOAP MAYBE HE WILL CATCH THE HINT.

Reply to JALB
Posted by: Penny | 2004/01/23

This is a serious matter stupid Ha ha ha ......

I know its hard confranting someone about their bad smell, let along your boss. Just right a letter and tell him everything, on the letter dont say who is it from. Even when he askes about it pretend not 2 know.

Reply to Penny
Posted by: ha ha ha...... | 2004/01/23

If u have a fire extinguisher in the building,why not use it to clean him up.Just attack him in his office and do him up!!!

Reply to ha ha ha......