Question
Posted by: Angel | 2005/07/08

Smelly Belly Button Answer for Doc

Thanks GG, sorry for only replying now, but I only go online on weekends, so only got to check this now. Doc, yes he does smell it. He does not smell it from a distance, but smelt it when I asked him to. He thinks I am over reacting, but it is getting really frustrating, because who on earth needs a smelly belly button. Hope it is nothing medical. Thanks so far for the reply. GG will def try the tip. I actually thought that I was going to get weird replies, tnx for the positive one. Mwah.

Angel, the most common cause would be a superficial fungal infection. This isn’t due to bathing too little, it might actually be cause by bathing too much. The easiest would be to get a cream like Normospor® from the pharmacy and apply it twice a day for a week or so. If it doesn’t clear up, the best would be to see your doctor about it. Good luck.