Question
Posted by: Worried | 2003/03/06

Smelly after long time without sex

Could you please explain why I tend to give off a funny smell after I start having sex after a long period of time. The first time it happened was when I didnt have sex for 3 weeks and now I'm getting that same odour from my vagina after I hadnt had sex for 9 weeks but slept with my husband 2 days ago. Is the problem with him or with me, or with both of us. Should I seek medical attention? Will it go away by itself. What causes it? PLease help.

Semen has a particular smell which some women find "bad". Could it be that you have forgotten this after a long period without sex? The other possibility is that you may have an infection. It might be an idea to have this checked.

best wishes

1
Posted by: Star | 2003/03/06

Hi Worried,
I can't say exactly what that smell is as u have not mentioned an odd discharge,as well it could also be the smell of semen deposited in your vigina.To be on a safe side have it checked out by a doctor.To avoid the funny smell after sex,get yourself a douche.

Reply to Star