Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2007/04/05

Smelly

Hi there. I wonder why I have this issue and others don't. I always seem to smell a little by midday. I wash twice a day and am a very clean person (wash hands a lot as well), but by midday I can smell my sweat (not pure sweat as I wear deo and perfume), but my hair smells, my feet are smelly and my hair and face feel greacy - and well I think I just don't smell fresh. I do smoke and I guess this adds to it but so does the lady who I sit next to at work and she doesn't smell - in fact she washes her hair only 3 times a week whereas I have to at least twice a day. Is there not something I can use on a continual basis (soap etc.) that would eliminate the things that cause this?

Dear Nicky
smells are caused by 3 things - bacteria reacting with your sweat, foods that you eat that gets excreted in the sweat ( like garlic) and hormonal factors ( just smell a teenage boy...)
You can make it better by washing with antiseptic soap, watching what you eat, drinking lots of water, cutting down on smoking.
See also http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sweating-and-body-odor/DS00305/DSECTION=6