Posted by: kea | 2008/09/23

small vein haemorage.

Dear Doctor
I had a hernia operation in december, I have gone from 68/69kg down to 56kg. I feel well, however i started getting purple bruices on the inside of my wrists, they stay a long time then fade. And now I see I have one just under my eye on the soft skin there. These marks look like little veins that have broken perhaps. My mom in law who is in her 70' s has these marks on her arms, hands etc. I am 53, and my children seem to think it is related to the weight loss, which is still ongoing, and are concerned. Surely, I am just a bit frail now?

Dear Kea
Please see your doctor as this could be a sign of a bleeding disorder or low platelets. He needs to do a full blood count, liver function test and coagulation test. Do you have difficulty eating or swallowing?