Question
Posted by: Danielle | 2004/03/03

Small pimples on arm

Hi Doc, I have consulted a dermatologist in private practice, only to be given a prescription for Eulactol cream & told to exfoliate! (been doing that already!) I have a constant "rash" on my upper arms, small bumps beneath the skin, which come out into tiny white pimples. I'ts been there for a no. of years and no amount of exfoliating is taking it away. I'm self conscious, otherwise healthy and not allergic to anything

Danielle, it is difficult to make a dermatological diagnosis without being able to see the problem. It sounds like it might be a form of contact dermatitis or maybe an allergy. You can try applying an antihistamine ointment like Anthisan® or Phenergan® an see what happens. If it becomes better it is an allergy, but if it stays the same the best would be to get a second opinion from a different dermatologist. Good luck.