Question
Posted by: fruity | 2003/03/24

Small Lump/Ball in ear lobe skin.

Hi there, yes i would also like to know about these lumps in and around the ear. I sometimes get them in the lobe just below the hole where my ear piercing is. The lump feels like a hard ball (like the size of very small pop corn kernel. it makes my ear red and sensitive in that area. It stays for about a week and eventually decreases in size as it disappears. It facinates me what the classificatioin of these lumps are and why they appear??? Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Fruity, it sounds like a mild infection and inflammation in your case. The best would be to clean your earrings with surgical spirits every time before you insert them. Good luck.