Question
Posted by: Confused | 2006/07/27

Small bumps under skin and breakouts

I am 30 yrs old. I have small bumps on my forehead, under the skin. not certain if it's from not cleaning properly or if it's hormonal / an infection. when I clean the skin properly with quality cleansers etc. I seem to break out. use nutri derm at night with Vit A to clear, but break out due to the rich moisture. I drink lots of water and eat healthily but it doesn't seem to make a difference. will my skin adapt to the new products and if so how long does it take?

Expert ImageArchive

First of all I do not think that drinking lots of water and eating healthily have anything to do with your problem. Cleansers may actually damage the skin. Oily moisturizers may. due to an occlusive effect, block the follicles and lead to infection=bumps/breakout. Perhaps you should stop cleansers, use soap and water, and switch to a moisturizing cream. Your story is somewhat vague. If necessary contact me again.