Question
Posted by: Garth | 2004/10/07

small bumps on testicles?

When i was a little boy i started getting small bumps under the skin of my testicles. A doctor removed them by scraping them off. After time though they returned....they dont give me any pain but they dont look attractive. A few have even spread on the shaft of my penis.
Any ideas of what this could be as i`ve consulted a doctor and he said i should not worry about it because its common. I would have them removed if i could? What should i do?

Garth, it sounds like sebaceous prominence. These are a normal finding although they may vary in prominence. There is no treatment and you should leave them alone.
You might think it doesn’t look nice, but there is nothing you can do about it. It is the same with your eye colour – you’re stuck with it whether you like it or not. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Dude | 2004/10/08

I have them too, and they are called sebaceous glands.
It is very embarrasing,but evryone say that I must just leave it alone.
They say it will go away after a few years,but mine is still here for about 18 years now!
I wish people will realise how serious this problem is!

Reply to Dude
Posted by: dudeguy | 2004/10/07

hi, i have the same problem and I was also told it is ok and that it is fairly common! I agree 100% with you that they are not attractive at all and would also get removed if there was an option. Just make do I guess?

Dudeguy

Reply to dudeguy