Posted by: 4711 | 2004/02/27


I had a problem with urine passing too slow. I thought I might have had a lesion in the urethra because of many operations and the catheter that was frequently inserted after every op.

So I went for an optical urethotomy but the specialist said afterwards that my problem was a narrowing of the neck of the bladder. Because of this narrowing I could not pass the kidney stones I had and he had to physically remove 35 stones from the bladder.

Now he wants to operate again but "warned" me that although I would still enjoy normal sex and still have an orgasm, I would not ejaculate. The ejaculate would push back into the bladder and only be excreted when I have a wee.

I don't understand why this should happen and feel 'threatened'. For a 'normal' man it is important to 'see' the result of his sexual pleasure. Basically it also means that I would be "sterile"?

Is this the only option for me? plse help.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

4711, I suppose you don’t have to see your ejaculate to have an orgasm, but you will be infertile if you try to have babies the normal way. Maybe the easiest would be to get a second opinion from a different urologist. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Frog | 2004/02/27

This sounds more like a prostatectomy to me.How old are you.
Are you sure the stones were not in your prostate rather than in your bladder.
I had stones removed from my prostate some years ago and have a similar problem as well as recurring prostatitis.
I was also advised like you to have a further op with same side effects as you have mentioned and I feel the same way you do.
I have been looking for some way to dissolve stones but no luck so far.
Somebody suggested I try Flowmax an Alpha blocker but my GP doesnt want to try alpha blockers due to lowering of blood pressure and possible fainting.
They may work for you.

Good Luck

Reply to Frog

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.