Question
Posted by: Ryno | 2006/10/29

slipped disc

hi doc,

i slipped the third disc in my back about 3 and a half weeks ago at the gym doing some deadlifts. I have since then started gyming again but nothing that puts pressure on my back. I'm still feeling a twitch every now and then and would like to know if there are any exercises or something i can do to speed up the recovery process. My doctor just said stay off it for a while and no gym for 2 weeks with a voltaren injection.

Any advice would help.
Thanx
Ryno

Hallo Ryno
If you are serious about gym you should actually see a biokineticist to give you specific exercises to strengthen your back without hurting it. If you don't have access to one, a physiotherapist will be second choice.