Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2004/11/25

Slimming Machine - Early Pregnancy

I might have a possible pregnancy and will like to know the following:

I few weeks ago I joined up for the Hawkins International Slimming Clinic (Electrolysis Machines) and paid quite a bit of money that is non-refundable (Paid per month). Would it be alright to continue with the treatments or could this cause a miscarriage? Also, if I am pregnant, will I still be able to use the machine on my arms and legs or could this also cause a miscarriage? I have checked on google and cannot find any information.

Thanking you,
Butterfly

Hi Butterfly

I think that it's very very important that you find out for sure whether you are pregnant or not. You may not be and then the worry is for nothing.

Once you find this out, then the question is the safety of the electrolysis. I must confess that I know very little about the process involved in this programme, so i looked that up, and it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that the electrolysis involves electrical impulses applied to the body to tone and hence result in weight loss. If this is the case, then the potential danger points are how the electrical impulses affect the nerves and muscles related to the uterus and the abdomen. At worst, I guess that the impulses could trigger an early onset of labour, though this is a pretty wild guess, because like you, I was unable to find any information. Perhaps the more important thing is to realise that this form of treatment does not work for weight loss. I found a website that claimed that a 30 minute session "is equivalent to: 1,600 push-ups, 1,600 full-squat and jumps, 1,600 sit-ups plus 1,600 scissor-leg lifts. Thus, in 30-minutes your client will have gained the benefit of 6,400 strenuous exercise movements without any fatigue whatsoever. Thus resulting in the dissipation of approximately 750 calories, without any effort by the patient". What an astonishing claim! This is advertising of the most unrealistic nature. It's absolutely impossible that this works as well as this, otherwise everyone would be doing it. The reason is that you just cannot stimulate the muscle enough to cause this type of effect - the size of the electrical impulse is just tiny compared to what it takes to really get the muscle going. If you have ever been genuinely shocked, you will know what pain is involved, and that's the level of pain you would need to actually activate the muscle. So, quite frankly, the treatment does not work. I know that's not great news for you, but it may help you realise that by continuing with the treatment, you may be taking a risk with the pregnancy for something that really is not working.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/04/18

how to induce periods early than the expected date?