Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2004/11/25

Slimming in early pregnancy

I might have a possible pregnancy (unplanned), and I will only know when my periods are due in +/- 11 days time. (Condom slipped off and I just happened to ovulate the next day - ovulation test - husband will be estatic if I am - Me, in 2 minds)

I few weeks ago I joined up for the Hawkins International Slimming Clinic (Electrolysis Machines) and paid quite a bit of money that is non-refundable (Paid per month). Would it be alright to continue with the treatments or could this cause a miscarriage? Also, if I am pregnant, will I still be able to use the machine on my arms and legs or could this also cause a miscarriage? I have checked on google and cannot find any information.

Also, is there any other way to test a few days after conception - will a blood test be accurate so early - could a scan detect a very early pregnancy?

The best way to detect an early pregnancy is with the blood test which will be positive the day before your expected period.
I don't know what effect the machines will have but, if they increase your body temperature, that is not a good idea. Vibration pe se should not be a problem as long as it is not on your tummy area.

2
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/11/25

Stimulation - be it through massage or electronic - is not advisable thoughout your pregnancy. Any beauty / slimming therapist should tell you that.

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: R | 2004/11/25

If your are regular you can test a day or two after your missed period (just to make sure).

I wouldn't use it while I was pregnant, you can never be sure of the side effects. If you are pregnant can't you ask them to freeze your contract, and you could pay the top up once you start again once the baby is born. I hope they are flexible if not give them a piece of your mind and tell that they are insensitive, blah, blah......

R

Reply to R