Question
Posted by: Jay | 2005/01/04

Slimming diet too much food for me

I don't diet to loose weight but follow most healthy diets to maintain a healthy weight and to pick up on healthy eating habits. My normal day consists of a packet of oatso easy for breakfast, 2 peices of fruit to snack on in the day, a type of salad for lunch (smoked chicken, tuna etc), and for dinner I have vegetables and either fish or chicken & rarely red meat. I have pasta once a week. I excercise regularly, weigh 55kgs and I am 1.76m tall. I am 22 years old. I have taken your advise that you have handed to many others and had a look at the slimming diet on your website but I find this to be too much food. Could you tell me whether or not it is detrimental to my diet if I eat approx 1000cal a day or less? I feel that if I eat as much as they say in the diet, I will pick up weight. Is this going to screw up my metabolism?

I look forward to hearing what advise you have for me. Many thanks.

Dear Jay
Seeing that your present BMI = 17,7, which is below the lowest range of normal (18-25), I think it would be an excellent idea if you ate more food. Eating only 1000 cal a day is a starvation regimen - even people who need to lose weight are encouraged to eat 1500 calories a day. You must take care that you don't become anorexic if you eat so little. For your height you should weigh about 68 kg to give you an ideal BMI of 22. So start eating a healthy diet ASAP.

2
Posted by: Me | 2005/01/04

STOP complaining... you have the type of body people like us would love to have. Appreciate it girl.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Big Bod | 2005/01/04

I am currently following this diet of yours since last week, have not lost a kg since, instead I feel heavier. When can I expect some loss? Weigh 60 Height 1.63 Need to lose at least 5 to feel comfy in my clothes again. Did not cheat over New Year exept for 1 glass of champaigne.

Reply to Big Bod