Question
Posted by: SJ | 2004/11/03

Slimming diet Anyone who can answer please

I want to do your slimming diet but ther arnt a lot of variations and i think it will eventually bore me and i'll give up.

Is it based on Low fat food or on calories?

Can you eat any fruits and veggies or just the onse mentioned? I love my veggies.

How many calories should i be consuming (21 female 1.7 metres tall 71kgs) as i want to do fitness docs shape up for summer program as well and i know im going to need to eat a little more to keep up my energy levels.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Dear SJ
If you read the instructions carefully you will see that you can use any one of the alternatives listed. The sample menu is just a suggestion. So if it says 1 fruit, you can eat any fruit or even use half a glass of fruit juice, wholewheat bread can be replaced with rye bread or any other type of bread, lean meat can be replaced by fish or egg or even low-fat cheese, etc. Based on research findings people who eat low-fat, high-fibre diets for other purposes such as blood cholesterol lowering, start to lose weight even if they eat the food 'ad lib' (as much as they want), this diet is based on the low-fat principle and is not only an energy reduced diet. As an adult woman who is going to do some exercise and wants to lose some weight you would need about 1500 cal. You can, therefore, eat some additional high-fibre carbs to s upply you with the additional energy you may require.

1
Posted by: Harold | 2004/11/04

Dear SJ

Save yourself a lot of heartache, and go read Dr Mercola's website (mercola.com).

The low-fat, high-fibre, kilojoule restricted diet DOES NOT WORK FOR ALL METABOLIC TYPES!

First determine your metabolic type, then decide on a suitable diet for your individual needs.

If you are a protein type, then the type of diet that you find on this website is guaranteed to make you even fatter.

Mercola, and many others, recommend that you cut out all grains and sugar. In fact, Mercola recommends that if you smoke, you first get rid of sugar in your diet, and then deal with the smoking!

Reply to Harold