Question
Posted by: Karen | 2008/05/25

Slight numbness in face

A couple of weeks ago (Im 43 yr female) I started with a sensation around the left eye and left side of nose, it is hard to explain it is like a type of numbness with slight pins and needles sensation. Its irritating, there are no other wierd feelings. I am a bit stressed at the moment but not too bad. Just concerned this could be a side effect of something more sinister. What do you think ?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Sensation in that area of the face, is provided by the fifth cranial nerve and I therefore, suggest that you consult a neurologist to have a CT scan of your head done. It is possible that there is nerve inpinchment of the fifth cranial nerve, where it starts in the brain or any area along its path.

Kind regards