Posted by: Cindy | 2008/10/02

Slight nausea

Hi Doctor

Please could you advise me if i should be concerned. I quit smoking exactly two months ago. I have picked up a few kilos in the process due to a change in my eating habits...eating quite a bit more. About a week ago i started feeling slightly nauseous. This has not affected my eating or my appetite but i am also experiencing a bit of heartburn. I have been under a bit of stress of late but nothing very hectic. The nausea comes and goes and is not severe. Should i be concerned or is this part and parcel of quitting.

Many Thanks

Dear Cindy
One of the side effects of smoke quitting can be gastro intestinal symptoms but you stopped too long ago already. You may have a bit of acid reflux. Try an anti-acid like Gelusil. You are not pregnant perhaps?

Posted by: Cindy | 2008/10/03

Hi Dr Bets

I dont think i could be pregnant as i have been on the nur-isterate contraceptive injection for the past ten years. However i will try an anti acid.

Many Thanks

Reply to Cindy