Question
Posted by: Greek | 2006/11/14

Slept with Ex - Again

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing great!

I just want to share something with you guys. Feel free to comment.

My ex boyfriend needed someone to talk to you over the weekend and asked me to join him for a drink. I accepted, we started talking about his relationship which is the so called root of his problem.

He feels that his current boyfriend is not suited for him anymore and he needs someone who is more on his level, bearing in mind that this is the guy he dumped me for three years ago.

We had a wonderful chat, sipping on coctails having more and more drinks, making jokes, laughing and then out of the blue he told me that he was inlove with me. He looked so sad. I told him its the alcohol and he should ignore what he is feeling right now, I suggested to rather go to the club and be around more people. Things went well until he saw me talking to another guy, he didnt like it and pulled me towards him and told the guy to "F" off.. At that moment I felt that it would be a good idea to take him home even though I dont drive when I had this much to drink... On our way to his place where he shares an apartment with his boyfriend, he wanted to talk about what happened and asked me to pull over.

He told me that he wanted me and I was easily sold and we ended up doing it right there on the side of the road around 02:30 in the morning.

Now I dont know what to do cause I feel that we've basically ruined the possibility of having a good friendship and even though his boyfriend who hated me before, now have a very good reason to cut off my balls.

I dont know how I should feel about it but I actually have no regrets and actually hope that he is feeling terrible and guilty about it and that he tells his boyfriend what happened. I also have no desire to have him as a boyfriend.

I actually cant make sense of it.

Thanks for reading my posting.

Greek

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Greek and thanks for this post. Some time ago you posted that you were still having difficulty in dealing with the termination of your previous relationship, several years down the line.

Things are becoming a bit messy - he's your ex partner (with much unresolved emotion), a so-called 'friend', someone who you have sex with and someone who confides in you. It sounds like scrambled eggs. A few boundaries need to be put in place and managed. If he can't manage the boundaries, you need to do so. Stay away and don't allow him near you... and write what happened off as being the last spasms of something that you need to outgrow.

3
Posted by: DawnFyre | 2006/11/15

Yo Greek
You have done what I am sure all us hot blooded men have done, both as the ex lover and as the one with the bf already.
Dont feel too bad but do not break your heart over it. I am sure he enjoyed having you and you him.
I also know from past experience that you can still have a good relationship with him again- dont put too much pressure on yourself or him and it will all work out as time rolls on.

Reply to DawnFyre
Posted by: Kobela | 2006/11/15

It would be foolish to get back with him. He left you for him! You had moved on with your life...continue to do so. About the sex, you don't have to feel that guilty. This things happen. Although our Ex's do hurt us, most of us remain vulnerable to them because part of us still love them. I hope it was safe and that you enjoyed it.

Learn from it, move on and don't make the same mistake again. Please.

Reply to Kobela
Posted by: Deeve | 2006/11/15

Howzit Greek!
Want my opinion......go out and have another beer or two on this one!!
These things just happen, no need to find the answers.....not saying that the situation is the most comfortable, or that the b/friend won't want to cut your nuts off if he finds out....but you know what - I don't think he ever will. Your Ex is way more at fault here, and is highly unlikely to rush home and spill the beans. And another - why was he out the whole night without the boyfriend looking for him...food for thought?
And btw, you sound like you had a really good time, so just enjoy!!
Possibly not a good idea to dig the hole any deeper here right now.
Lastly, any chance of a friendship here should not be ruined...many guys have slept with their best friends !!
Now for your next conquest...happy hunting! Have a really good one..........
Cheers!

Reply to Deeve