Question
Posted by: HotStepper | 2004/11/01

Sleepyhead, boring

Problem. My husband is socialite-deluxe, loves people, loves socials, loves drinking (socially), and he can go on for hours and hours and hours... and I... embarassingly... fall asleep.
I don;'t know where he gets the energy.
But I think this is affecting our relationship! He falls asleep on the couch when we're at home watching TV. And I fall asleep at all-hours of the night partying (which is very often).
I've tried not drinking as much (I could never ever keep up anyway, and neither do I wnat to).
These differences are making me insane. How do I keep up and still be all cool? And how on earth do I keep him awake when he's with me??? I am starting to get a serious complex.

OK, so you each fall asleep, but in different situations. Marriage counselling might help you to figure out a mid-way that'll sit each of you a bit better. And maybe he falls asleep when he's with you, because he feels safe, happy and secure --- and he's exhausted from all that partying ?