Question
Posted by: Sugar | 2007/04/18

Sleepy

hi there,
i just want to knw, if i get to much sugar, like sweets i tend to feel very tierd and sleepy and struggle to keep my eyes open. I dont get any kind of rush, just from the intake to 5minutes later extreamly tierd. is this some kind of diabetes or is it something else?

Dear Sugar
No but you probably make too much insulin when taking in refined sugar, and then get a drop in blood sugar afterwards. You probably need to eat a low sugar diet or rather use fructose instead of normal sugar.

1
Posted by: leapfrog4u | 2007/04/18

I get the same way! After I eat sugar, I am exhausted. I do have diabetes, so am wondering also if it is a side effect.

Reply to leapfrog4u