Question
Posted by: Chantal | 2008/01/10

Sleeplessness

Hi Doc,

For the last couple of weeks maybe twice or three times a week I wake up soaking in the middle of the night and shivering at the same time. My clothes are so wet that I have to change it and water is running down my body like I just got out of a swimming pool.

I also struggle to sleep and wake constantly. I have also been getting headaches everyday all day.

What could be wrong? It's having an influence on my work.

Kind Regards

Dear Chantal
Night sweats can be a sign of certain infections (TB), diabetes, anxiety or reflux disease. Other causes could be menopause and medications such as certain high blood pressure drugs, over-the-counter fever reducers and antipsychotics.
I think you should rather go for a medical examination at your GP.