Question

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE......

Please help me - for the past couple of months, i average 4-5 hours sleep a night and it is just not enough!! I try to stay up as late as possible but because I am so bushed, I fall asleep at around 10 in the evening and almost like clockwork, i awake a couple of hours later for no apparent reason? I am not to keen on taking sleeping tablets and would like to know if anybody can suggest anything natural?

Anon, I wrote something on sleeping problems a while ago and if you mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za, I’ll send you a copy. Read it and let me know if you have more questions. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/07/13

Anon,
Something that works very well is Melatonin. You might have heard about it?
Its a natural sleep enhancer and works absolute wonders in regulating the body's day/night patterns. In other words, help with energy levels during the day and helps induce sleep at night time.
This is available at most health shops and is non-addictive (like sleeping talbets might be). It will help you sleep right through the night and help you get up fresh and revitalised in the morning...
Also, check your stress levels: Are you worried before you go to bed? Are you stressed overall, is your mind racing with thoughs about daily things while lying in bed? Hows the caffiene intake during the day, especially after 6?
Just a few things to take into consideration, which might be beneficial to your wellbeing....

Take care
Sunshine
xxx

Reply to Sunshine