Question
Posted by: Vee | 2007/11/28

Sleepless

I've been on Lamictin for the past two months. It was prescribed by my psychiatrist. Dosages started at 25mg. I'm up to taking 2x50mg now. Since I've been using the 50mg, I have trouble sleeping, I'm getting acne(like I'm back in puberty!) I fall asleep about 10 pm and at 02:00 I wake up. I usually only go back to sleep just before 5 and I get up at 5.30. My colleagues have started commenting on me looking tired all the time. My job is also very stressful. What can I do? I can barely keep my eyes open. Could it be the meds?

Hallo Vee
Yes it could be - see http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/lamotrigine_ad.htm
Try going back to the lower dose and then gradually start upping the dose every second day over about 3-4 weeks. If this happens again, speak to your psychiatrist!