Question
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/01

Sleeping whilst pregnant

Hi Doc and other
I am now close to 27 weeks pregnant.
Over the weekend I could feel the baby lying more to my right side of my tummy. When I turn to sleep on my left side, it feels like the baby is shifting to my left as well, but it really hurts - like everything is pulling down to the left side - so bad that I rather turn back to my right side or back.

Is this normal???

It sounds like pressure on a sensitive part in certain positions. Try sleeping on your right side only.

4
Posted by: Sam | 2004/03/01

Hi Kippie
It's really nice chatting to people tha are in the same boat. I went for a scan at 22 weeks, but believe me, it was a battle to see, baby just would'nt show me, so I've decided to leave it, let this be my final surprise....

Ive got an appoint for Wednesday, but even if I can't see I won't force the issue anymore, I'll just accept it. I saw part of the little face, because baby held the little arms in front of the faceright until the end, so that means, "it" wants to surprise mommy.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/01

Hi Sam and Dione, thanks for your responses, always nice to speak to someone that is in the same boat!

Sam, I also have 2 girls and this one at last is a baby brother - really cannot wait to meet him. I had scans at 12, 15 and 18 weeks and they could not see the gender, only at 23 weeks did he show us what lies between those legs - and boy, was it worth the wait!! When will you be going again??

I have a 3D booked for the 23 March - hopefully we will be able to see what the little face looks like!!

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: Dionè | 2004/03/01

Hi Kippie,

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and the baby is prominently on my right hand side, so I have to pressume this is common...although I cannot account for the pain on your left side, would discuss this with your gynie if the problem persist. Take care and all of the best!

Reply to Dionè
Posted by: Sam | 2004/03/01

Hi Kippie, I'm in my 25th week now, and sleeping is a major hassle to me. I've got the same problem when I change sides. I find that when I change sides, I usually rub there where the pain is at, it helps a bit. Like they say it's better to sleep on your left side, it's not. With my other 2 pregnancies I never had these sleeping problems, now, oeh it's bad...

By the way, I went for 2 scans already and baby still won't show whether it's he or she... so I'll wait, even though my girls always talk about their baby brother, we'll just wait and see if it's not my baby sister...

Good Luck & chat to you soon

Reply to Sam