Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2010/08/28

Sleeping tablets

Since being diagnosed with depression 3yrs ago, i have been taking Adco-Zolpidem nightly to sleep. I am worried that i might be addicted to it as i tried to stop but can''t do without it. I am taking 10mg. I am also taking seroquel, fluoxetine &  epitec. My psychiatrist wasn''t concerned when i asked the question 2 yrs ago but something tells me this is not healthy. What can i do?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi C

You will definitely battle to fall asleep on your own after using these tabs for so long - The ideal is to use it only when needed.

I'd suggest trying to gradually (reduce dose by 25% every two weeks) lower the dose you're taking (full tablet > three quarters > half > quarter) and thereafter try taking it every 2nd night etc.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/30

Hi C

Reply to pharmacist