Question
Posted by: dreamer | 2004/11/05

Sleeping problems

I've got a small problem. If someone could give me some advice please?
I can't seem to stay asleep at night. I wake up about 4-5 times a night and when I sleep I keep having these weird dreams. Sometimes my dreams are very, very emotional then I will wake up and I can still feel the effect. Most of the time I dream about things that worry me, but then again sometimes I dream stuff that really bothers me.
At first I only woke up about 2 times a night but lately it got worse. I am so tired and I can feel my body and my mind isn't taking it too well.
Can anyone perhaps tell me what it means if one dreams about teeth. Like in your teeth falling out, or all your teeth are rotten, or someone wants to steel your teeth? I keep on dreaming about teeth and/or my boyfriend cheating me (even though I know he doesn't and won't).
Please help?

Hmm, our dream-readers will surely reply here. Common sensically, there sounds like a link between the theme of fear of loss or having something valuable like your teeth stolen from you, and fear of losing your boyfriend. When we are emotionally over-wrought, anxious and/or depressed, we sleep less well, and may dream more.

3
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/05

Cheating

To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you, indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel a lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others. This notion may stem from issues of trust or self-esteem. The dream could also indicate that you are unconsciously picking up hints and cues that your significant other is not being completely truth or is not fully committed in the relationship

Reply to Moose
Posted by: Dreamer | 2004/11/05

You are right. Quite a lot of the things yu said do apply to my life at the moment. I do have a problem that is making my life hell and I feel I can't talk to anybody about it because I've talked to someone and they laughed. So, now I just keep quiet and deal with it on my own.
And I do have a poor self image even though I am not butt ugly. But I worry alot about what other say and think about me.
Could you perhaps tell me why I keep dreaming my boyfriend is cheating on me? And everytime I dream this, in my dream I will "catch" him doing whatever to some stranger and he just smiles and if I tell him to get out of my house he just laughs and starts packing. He actually looks glad that I "caught" him. Why do I dream this? Sometimes I'll wake up and I'll be crying and I can still feel the hurt (it really hurts very badly sometimes). Why do I always still feel the emotions my dreams evoked even after I woke up and sometimes even for an hour after?

Reply to Dreamer
Posted by: Moose | 2004/11/05

Dreaming about Teeth

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

Reply to Moose