Question
Posted by: Sen | 2006/07/26

Sleeping pill on pregnacy

I am the beginning of my last trimester (30wks). For the last 2 to 3 wks I have been struggling to sleep at night. Before I thought it was because I would sleep during the day, but now I have tried not to sleep during the day so that I will be able to sleep but nothing has changed and this really frustrate me.

I told my Gynae and he prescribed sleeping pill which are helping but I dont want to depend on them. Now I have to take them every day. If I dont take them I wont sleep before 3am, this really kills. Are the sleeping pills not going to harm my baby? Sometimes that concerns me but my Gynae wouldnt have prescribed them for me.

Your help is all welcome

It is not a good idea to take sleeping tablets every day. If you take them occasionally, that is fine. Try not to become dependent on them, but use techniques such as a relaxing bath at night or drinking warm milk and honey before you go to bed.