Question
Posted by: Bibi | 2005/11/28

Sleep Therapy

I was recently diagnosed with Unipolar/Severe Depression.
My shrink has tried cymbalta and alzam but they seem to make me very agressive. With my last visit he suggested to admit me to hospital and give me 2 injections per day as well as having my thyroid etc tested. I've phoned him later and the way his medical sister explained, I've come to the understanding that it's sleep therapy. Does it work and what are the side effects? I had him promise me not to do electro shock therapy or any other funny stuff. I won't be admitted to a mental fascility, but to Krugersdorp Private Hospital.

I answered this in detail the first time you posted it. Do not under any circumstances whatsoever agree to havee the dangerous quack therapy called "Sleep Therapy" --- any medical aid which will pay for such trash ought to send their assessors for a psychiatrist assessment. Not one single recognizeable authority on earth considers it safe, effecive or adviseable, and it is usually used only by quacks because it can be profitable for them. Don't have it -- see a properly trained and experienced psychiatrist other than this guy, for a re-assessment and better advice

1
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/28

Never heard of anyone who had sleep therapy & it worked.....

Reply to Delene