Question
Posted by: Kay | 2011/07/19

Sleep terror

I have been experiencing sleep terror. The last time I experienced this was abt 6 yrs ago. I sit upright, say things and experience fear, see things that are not there, and I feel anger. I feel so tired all day. I did ask the sleep doc but advised to see doc. I want to know do you think I should see a psychologist? My husband is also losing sleep over this. I do have issues I suppose and anxieties and I worry about everything.

Sleep terrors as such are usually diagnosed in children, rather than adults, but I can understand that you have been experiencing something similar. Sounds more like a dissociative problem than a pure sleep disorder ; seeing a psychiatrist would be a good idea, for a thorough assessment and diagnosis ( as psychiatrists are also fully trained medical doctors ).

2
Posted by: You know who | 2011/07/19

Try to repay the people you have taken for a ride before. You might find that fewer things will haunt you in your sleep.

Reply to You know who