Question
Posted by: bern | 2005/11/21

sleep disorder - jaw snaps closed violently as i am falling asleep

please can someone help - each night as i am falling asleep, my jaw snaps closed suddenly and so hard that i have bite marks on the inside of my cheeks and tongue or the sound of my teeth clicking together wakes me up??? it gets so bad that i lie awake waiting for it to happen and don't want to sleep anymore.

Bern, I don’t know of any disorder that presents with the symptoms you describe. The best would be to see a neurologist and find out what the problem is. Good luck.