Question
Posted by: ROCK A BYE BABY | 2010/05/18

SLEEP APNOEA

I have been told to see someone at a sleep clinic as I have sleep apnoea. pleaase tell me what happens there, and what do they actually do.
what if I cannot sleep as sometimes I lay awake for hours before I sleep can I read or what happens if I cannot get to sleep ..
Or is it lights out at 8 ?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

People with sleep apnoea generally sleep too much, not too little. People with insomnia are very seldom tested at a sleep laboratory, because if you are not sleeping at home, then you are not going to sleep in a laboratory, and you may end up wasting a lot of money.

You need to be evaluated by someone who has knowledge of and training in sleep disorders, who will be able to advise you what the appropriate test is. These two conditions do sometimes co-exist, so you will need someone with expertise to guide you.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/05/19

Reply to Sleep expert