Posted by: Jaguar | 2008/10/12

Sleep Apnoea

Dear Cyberdoc
I believe that I suffer from Sleep Apnoea. Also, I am told that there is some sort of machine/contraption for sleep apnoea that is available, but which medical aid does not cover.
1. Please tell me more about this machine, including prices
2. Is there any way in which I can obtain this machine, or some other kind of relief?
Thanks and regards,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Jaguar

Thank you for visiting

Firstly, you will have to have this diagnosis confirmed by having a sleep apnoea test done. There are a multitude of reasons for sleep apnoea and some of them can be treated with surgery and medication. I therefore, suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination.

Visit the following link regarding sleep apnoea and the continuous positive airway pressure device you are referring to:

Kind regards

Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.