Posted by: Thandi | 2006/11/13


3 months ago, a blood test result came suggesting that I am 58% SLE. Doctor put me on steroids for 2 weeks, which I requested to stop taking because I was getting allergic reactions. I saw on this website what sle is. How can one help themselves and is it a progressive disease - can it be completely cured.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Thandi
It is an outo-immune disease and can be managed but not "cured". Blood tests can be false positive - rather see a rheumatologist to make a proper diagnosis as I think you are not yet fully screened for this and it is quite a serious diagnosis to make. See

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Keen | 2006/11/13

Ask your doctor to refer you to a Rheumatologist. They are the specialists in treating this condition. SLE is not a diease you want to play around with.

Reply to Keen

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.