Question
Posted by: Thandi | 2006/11/13

sle

3 months ago, a blood test result came suggesting that I am 58% SLE. Doctor put me on steroids for 2 weeks, which I requested to stop taking because I was getting allergic reactions. I saw on this website what sle is. How can one help themselves and is it a progressive disease - can it be completely cured.

Dear Thandi
It is an outo-immune disease and can be managed but not "cured". Blood tests can be false positive - rather see a rheumatologist to make a proper diagnosis as I think you are not yet fully screened for this and it is quite a serious diagnosis to make. See http://www.lupus.org/education/articles/diagnosis.html

1
Posted by: Keen | 2006/11/13

Ask your doctor to refer you to a Rheumatologist. They are the specialists in treating this condition. SLE is not a diease you want to play around with.

Reply to Keen