Question
Posted by: A | 2004/12/15

Slap Chips

i am having the most terrible craving for slap chips - i am currently 25 weeks pg. The last 2 weeks I have had slap chips almost every day either for lunch or for dinner. Although I try to eat as healthily as possible apart from this daily binge on slap chips, i am aware that this could affect my weight gain and my cholesterol levels. So far I have gained 7.5kgs ...my main concern is not for me though, it is for my unborn child. Will eating slap chips once a day affect the baby's cholesterol or heart or any other consequences I should be aware of?
thanks

It will not affect your baby, only make it more difficult for you to lose weight later.

2
Posted by: science | 2004/12/20

How about rather makeing oven tjips??? much lower in fat, and just as delicious!

Reply to science
Posted by: sam | 2004/12/15

slap chips are soaked in over-used oil and are bad for you! Its one thing to have them once a month, but every day?????!!!!!
Old oil is also thought to be carcinogenic ie cancer causing (didn't you see gthat carte blanche episode)? why take the risk when you're pregnant. you should be having a chicken salad for lunch rather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get healthy - for your baby's sake

Reply to sam