Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2004/01/29

SLAP Biceps ( shoulder injury )

my son of 12yrs who damaged his shoulder was diagnosed by an orthopaedic surgeon that he may possibily have SLAP biceps, but it can only be correctly diagnosed with an MRI. Where can I find more information about this condition and possible solutions as I am not keen on surgery unless it is the only solution. At the moment he is having anti-inflammatorys and physio to see if it will heal itself and if no healing takes place has recommended the MRI and possibly surgery.

Hi Sharon

Since this is a medical question, please direct it to Cyberdoc.

Good luck!