Question
Posted by: Carl | 2007/05/30

Skull shape

I am doing research for a fictional film script and I would like to know what would happen to a human skull if we could grow up to a thousand years old. Would the skull change shape and if so, what would change? Thanks for the help!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Carl,

In most people, all skeletal (bone) growth ceases by the late teens or early twenties. Also, as the skull bones are not really subject to any significant wear and tear, it is unlikely that any majoe shape changes would occur if it was possible to live to this age. Obviously, this is pure speculation but is based upo current knowledge.

Best wishes,

Gary Riley