Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/04/03

Skuins Befoeterd!

Hi CS !

(and and Hi dear Anon or Annie or whomever else want's to have a go at me)

I don't know what it is the last week or so but I'm so aggresive.

For nothing I strip my mo*er good and solid. I've been of Cipralex for about 4 months - could it be that I need to go back on it ? Im not depro.....

At home the kids irritate me beyond belief at work I strip myself easily as well....what is it ?

The traffic is another thing....I don't leave the taxi's and let them be anymore - I try and make it difficult for them to pass in the yellow lane....

Last nite G came home and moaned about the volume on the TV and I said ag let me just turn it off...and went to bath, later I thought how childish....

What can it be ?

Cipralex is effective in treating Depression, but isn't particularly mean to help one control one's temper. Choosing the best way to deal with that would need a better assessment of WHY this has begun to happen. If its a general respond to rising levels of stress, better to consider CBT style counselling to (a) reduce the stress where this is reducable, and (b) improve your skills in dealing with whatever stress arises anyway.

8
Posted by: Gracie | 2007/04/05

I am in my early 40's and I am experiencing feelings I have not experienced before - "bedonnerd" most of the time being one of them, I am extremely impatient, say things before I think about them. I also feel pissed off most of the time - I think maybe change of life - I get so irritated with small unimportant things. Dunno, maybe change of life could be the cause of my moodiness. It's very difficult to try not to be "befoeterd" - there are just so many things that really annoy me - people who do their jobs half-heartedly, slack, lazy people, "gevrekte" people - I can carry on an on - taxis and bad drivers etc. etc. Anyway, maybe this long weekend is what we all need to de-stress!! CP MOM, hope you have a stress-free weekend!!

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: :) | 2007/04/04

to be befoeterd is a decision, decide not to be, practise being nice even if your false!!! but try....
'Try' to control your emotions, dont let IT control you.Because if your emotions are out of control, then who is exactly in your head controlling you.

Be who you want to be, if you dont want to be befoeterd, smile and sing, pretend if you have to. Its a start.

Reply to :)
Posted by: Gloomer | 2007/04/03

U sure it is not psycho pregnancy hormones?

Reply to Gloomer
Posted by: Annelize | 2007/04/03

Die inspuiting het my ook bevoeterd gemaak, 'n mens se hormone kan jou 'n regte malkoppie maak, ek is al die laaste ses maande of so daardeur.

Reply to Annelize
Posted by: Annie | 2007/04/03

O Dearie me , now she's blaming the meds ........ at least that's a new one

Reply to Annie
Posted by: Doepie | 2007/04/03

Ag shame

Reply to Doepie
Posted by: CP MOM | 2007/04/03

E - as ek op die ouderdom van 40 moet swanger raak beskuit ek myself! Ha kan jy jou dit indink.....nee ek vertrou die inspuiting doen sy werk...dalk vroee pms ? Ek weet nie hulle se mos mense wat nog nooit hulle eie kinders gehad het, kry vroere pms...

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/04/03

LOL - I also do the same with the taxi's! - I hate taxis (or maybe the drivers)!!

Sounds like a pregnant woman to me... :-)

Reply to Echelle