Question
Posted by: BodyProject | 2008/06/03

Skipping Rope

I bought a skippping rope but have never used it - what are the benefits of skipping?
Thx

HI there

Skipping is a really high intensity exercise, which in theory is good because of its high intensity. HOwever, my experience is that because it's so repetitive and localized (that is, you will feel your calves really take strain if you skip for a longer time), it's not the ideal activity from a practical point of view, because you just can't do it for that long. My advice though is that instead of throwing it out, you build it into some sort of overall programme - perhaps you can jog for 5 minutes, then skip, then jog for another 5, do some pushups, crunches etc. - sort of an overall training circuit that includes skipping. I think that this variety will be good for you and it also helps you work on other muscles too.

2
Posted by: BodyProject | 2008/06/09

Thank you for the info - I guess all I need to do now is start....thx again.

Reply to BodyProject
Posted by: mom | 2008/06/04

wow! there are plenty!
skipping is excellent all body workout.
start with about 15min per day and increase to 40mins.
it strengthens your legs, abs, arms, back. what more could you ask for?!
it's super!

Reply to mom