Question
Posted by: Nobs | 2004/11/10

Skin with itchy fungal blemishes

Can you please assist me I have fungal blemishes on both my feet and my shoulders, its over 2 years now. They are irritating me because its so itchy. I visited a pharmacist who gave me a A-POR cream and there is not change then I went to a doctor who prescribed me with same treatment.

He said there is nothing wrong with me these fungal blemishes are common they will disappear on their own. Is this true? I thought may be my blood is dirty? Please help.

Expert ImageNatural health

Dear Nobs

Fungal infections be they internal or external need a favourable environment to flourish in. This enviroment is created if people consume large quantities of sugar, alcohol, coffee, fruit etc. Avoid these substances and revert to the diet shown below. Drink lots of filtered water daily and externally apply Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Cream to the affected areas am and pm. Internally use Echinaforce, Bioflora Caps and Bio-Strath Tablets.

Imbalances of nutrients might also feature therefore Bio-Strath is essential. Please note that skin conditions can be stubborn and may take time to clear.

Kind regards.

Estie

Healthy Nutrition

Health begins with good nutrition, but how are we to decide what is good and what is not in the face of so much consumer health advice? The first thing to remember is that each of us is unique, with unique nutritional needs. A lifestyle and diet that benefits one person may not necessarily benefit another; there is no such thing as a single correct diet. But is there a universal guideline we can adhere to? Perhaps one: wholefoods – in as close to their natural state as possible. Having undergone minimal, if any, processing, wholefoods are without exception, more nutritious than refined foods. We are not able to improve the quality of food by exposing it to a process. We don’t have any processes that can add life to anything; we can only take life out of things. The fewer steps the original food type has gone through, the more nutrition is left in it. After all, we evolved in harmony with our environment, where the process of eating and digesting became compatible with available food, which consisted of specific balanced combinations of nutrients. The process of refining and processing food changes the balance of nutrients, and thereby compromises its nutritional value.

The following recommended diet is intended only as a guideline. Above all, learn to listen to your body’s response to the different foods you eat, and develop your own healthy nutritional plan!

Breakfast:

 Rice cakes/Rye Vita with cottage cheese/avocado OR
 Freshly cut seasonal fruit OR
 Oats (preferably rolled) OR
 Mealie-meal porridge OR
 Maltabella (preferably stone-ground) OR
 Millet porridge (cook on stove for about 40 minutes in a stainless steel cooking pot with water and salt)

Add to cooked, cooled porridge the following:
 A drop of honey, half a teaspoon of unsalted butter and one teaspoon of each of the following:
 Raw sunflower seeds
 Raw sesame seeds
 Raw linseeds
 Raw almonds (chopped)
 Raw pumpkinseeds (crushed or ground in coffee grinder). This seed/nut mixture should be added to a fruit salad or to cottage cheese spread on rice cakes)

Snacks or light meals:

 Rice cakes and/or Rye Vita biscuits with any of the following: avocado pear, feta cheese, tomato, sardines, cucumber, tuna, Marmite or honey OR
 Fresh fruit: eat fruit by itself or in-between meals OR
 Figs and cashews/macadamias/pecans/un-sulphured dried fruit/dates/almonds

Lunch and supper:

 VEGETARIAN: fresh tofu, soya mince and frozen soya products
 FISH: Steamed, grilled or baked – not fried! Served with lemon butter and herbal salt
 LAMB: stewed, grilled or baked – not fried!
 FREE RANGE CHICKEN : – baked, grilled, steamed or stir-fried

• Serve any of the above with brown rice, or Basmati Rice, lentils, barley or dried beans (cook well on stove in a stainless steel cooking pot with water and salt)
• Fresh vegetables should be eaten at least twice a day

• All vegetables should be steamed, baked, grilled or served raw – not fried! Flavour with herbs, and/or A Vogel’s Plantaforce, Herbamare or Kelpamare

• SOUPS can be made with any of the above

Recommended dairy products:

 Cottage cheese
 Feta cheese
 Unsalted butter
 Maas
 Organic milk in moderation

For salad dressing:

Cold pressed oil (preferably virgin olive oil) mixed with:
 Fresh lemon juice
 Garlic
 Ground black pepper
 Herbamare
 Kelpamare

Healthy tips:

Use honey sparingly. Have no more than two cups of the following teas a day – Rooibos, fennel, fruit, chamomile, peppermint, green. Remember to drink water and avoid drinking fruit juices; rather eat fresh fruit.

Avoid all:

Processed and refined wheat products, pork, cold meats, beef, battery eggs, milk, yoghurt, yellow cheese, alcohol, coffee, tea, sugar, processed fruit juices, reheated foods, fried foods, microwaved foods and homogenised milk.

Do have:
 Raw honey
 Rye bread
 Soya milk/rice milk/oat milk
 Water
 Carob
 Bambu
 Popcorn

Instead of:
 Brown/white sugar
 Whole wheat/white bread
 Cow’s milk
 Fruit juices/carbonated fizzy drinks
 Chocolate
 Coffee
 Potato crisps

Always drink:

2 litres of water a day to ensure the complete hydration of every cell in your body.

All products are available from Pharmacies and Health Stores

For more information please contact:

SA Natural Products (Pty) Ltd
P.O. Box 2
Botha’s Hill, KZN, 3660

Customer Care lines:
Tel: 031 7838000
Fax : 031 7838080
info@sanatural.co.za

This leaflet is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and in no way excludes the necessity of a diagnosis from a health practitioner. Its intent is solely informational and educational.