Question
Posted by: Judy | 2008/07/15

Skin - Warm sensation

For the past 5 days or so I have been getting a warm sensation on the side of my one leg between the ankle and knee - this sensation comes and goes quite a few times during the day (feels like warm liquid on my skin). There are no rashes or marks on my skin whatsover. What can this be?

Hi Judy
“Funny” sensations on the leg is often caused by a slight irritation of the nerve in the back at the spine – could be due to muscle spasm or a disc that is pressing on the root of the nerve. If it does not go away, please ask your GP to have a look, you may need x/rays or Physiotherapy.