Posted by: Fiona | 2010/01/16


I have an 11 year old son who experiences acute sensitivity to paper and fabric after his daily shower and when he swims. After water contact. My 12 year old nephew has the same problem. My sister (40'  s) tells me she also has this condiition.
I presume it is a physical condition but it borders on mental because they become so anxious about it. What is it called and what are the best methods of treatment please? My son now experiences anxiety about getting dressed in time for school and changing after class swimming when he has to dress and then touch the paper in his workbooks. I just don' t undersand all this??

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


I strongly suggest that you consult a dermatologist to determine if there is a real physical reason for this.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.