Posted by: Fiona | 2010/01/16


I have an 11 year old son who experiences acute sensitivity to paper and fabric after his daily shower and when he swims. After water contact. My 12 year old nephew has the same problem. My sister (40' s) tells me she also has this condiition.
I presume it is a physical condition but it borders on mental because they become so anxious about it. What is it called and what are the best methods of natural treatment please?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageNatural health


it could be due to a decrease of neural integration - an occupational therapist would be able to help in such a case. it helps the body cope with the sensations. You would require a few sessions for the body to return to balance.

Dr Debbie

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.