Question
Posted by: davey | 2007/04/28

skin rash all over body

i am a 32 year old male with no health problems, but i wake up 1 morning covered head to foot in small red spots, i was fine the night before, i first thought it was an allergic reactation to something so took some piriton but 2 days later they was worse, i asked in 3 different chemists who all said it was somthing different, in the end i called to my local hospital and saw the out of hours doctor who told me it was psoriasis. I am 100% certain it is not. i have the spots all over my body apart from my hands, feet and my private parts. the spots are small and red and a few have started to blister it has also started to itch. any idears what it could be i have looked on the net but cant seem to find out what it could be.

Dear Davey
search pityriasis rosea - it looks a lot like psoriasis but they think is caused by a viral infection - self limiting and not contagious.